Thursday, May 18, 2006


Magnetic Poetry on My Door At Work

I love poetry. I know, that makes me sound about ¾ gay, but I can live with that. Something about making words flow with some sort of rhythm and resonance appeals to me. Plus, being able to use words to lure girls out of their panties is a great skill to have.

Years ago, I bought one of those Magnetic Poetry sets and kept it in my office in grad school. When I got an office at work, I put it back up. But it has sat mostly unused for years.

No more.

I threw some things together using the original Magnetic Poetry kit and another with 1950s references. Here’s what I came up with:

One Man’s Vision
Delirious with power, I moon Nixon
A black shadow is my gift to the drunk
Sleep light, bitter Dick
I show you the finger

Untitled
Picture it
An enormous Marlon Brando plays out
Like petals rusting beneath roses
Gorgeous in eternity

An Elaborate Show
I heave produce above the screams of my mother
A smear of juice and meat and skin falls from the apparatus
Lick the repulsive symphony of McCarthyism

Untitled
The world is like a summer crush
Ready to leave you behind
Without recall or a whisper of love

I’ll see what else I can come up with in the next couple of days.

No comments: